The Implementation Challenge was created to select external tools especially in areas of risk assessment not completely covered by the OpenRiskNet consortium to be prioritized for their integration into the e-infrastructure. Third parties can apply for partial financially and strongly technically support by researchers and developers of OpenRiskNet partners. The scientific advisory board will work together with the coordinator and the WP leaders to evaluate the proposed services and select the winning groups. Everyone can apply for this challenge (with the exception of members of the OpenRiskNet consortium) and if the corresponding tool is selected, the winner is asked to become an associated partner.
Similar to the internal services, the funds and the technical support will cover the work associated with making the service OpenRiskNet compliant. This includes the adoption of the OpenRiskNet API concept including the interoperability layer, generation of the data schemata for in- and output as well as the containerization for deployment.
6.000 - 12.000 € (in-kind work contributions) will be provided depending on the complexity of the service to be integrated and the amount of adaptations needed.
Deadlines for the implementation challenges are:
- 31 October 2018
- 31 December 2018
- 30 April 2019
Winners will be announced shortly after each deadline.
- Complementary to the tools from within the consortium
- Less covered areas of the risk assessment framework
- Combinable with data and tools already available or planned to be integrated (e.g. uses input provided by ORN partners)
- Relatively high TRL preferable with existing APIs.
- Adding requirements for the infrastructure, e.g.
- High or highly varying demand of computer resources
- Complex workflow linking different tools
- Need to access commercial license
How to apply
To apply, please fill in this application
Personal data will only be used in the selection of the winners and only shared with the selection committee.