Deploying Applications to an OpenRiskNet Virtual Environment
Monday, 24 June 2019, 16:00 CEST
Presenters: Tim Dudgeon and Alan Christie (Informatics Matters Ltd, UK)
This webinar will illustrate how you can deploy containerised services to an OpenRiskNet Virtual Environment. Starting from a simple case where you have an existing container image that contains a service, such as one from Docker Hub, we will walk you through the process of deploying that service and configuring it so that it plays nicely with the Kubernetes environment and can be accessed by users and/or other services. Different approaches to deployment will be discussed, as well as some more complex examples where multiple container images are involved.
By the end of the webinar it is expected that attendees with have the basic knowledge to get started on deploying their own containerised services.
- Brief introduction to OpeRiskNet Virtual Environments
- Brief introduction to OpenShift
- Brief introduction to containers
- Approaches to deploying a single container image (example: Lazar, BridgeDB)
- Through console
- Through CLI
- Using OpenShift templates
- Using Template Service Broker
- Deploying a more complex multi-container application (example: Squonk)